1. HIGHER NET WORTH – The Federal Reserve Bank report that home owners have a substantially higher net worth when compared to renters. Equity, appreciation, reduced taxes, stable monthly payments, higher credit ratings are the primary reasons for this very important ‘wealth gap’.
2. REDUCED TAXES – Interest payments and property taxes are legal deductions against your income and can legally lower the taxes you pay for as long as you own your home. PLUS sellers can exclude gains up to $500,000 every two years. Governmental policy clearly encourages home ownership! (Consult with your tax advisor).
3. STABLE MONTHLY PAYMENT – Your monthly payments are consistent over the life of your conventional loan. Rents have dramatically increased, and the demand will likely push them even higher over the years to come. PLUS interest rates are at historically low levels!
4. INCREASING PRICES – Property appreciation belongs to the homeowner and California home prices have increased for 60 of the last 70 years … PLUS you’ll be paying off your loan with every payment (instead of your landlord’s property!)
5. HIGHER QUALITY HOME – You can customise YOUR home and decide the quality/finish of the appliances, flooring, wall treatments and yard. You can not do this with a rental.
6. TAX CUT & JOBS ACT – Permanent corporate and long-term individual tax cuts is allowing consumers to spend more on housing; calls for repatriation of $3+ trillion in US corporate income held overseas and will be used for infrastructure investment also benefiting housing.